Most of my experience using a computer as a student has been in the form of using MS Word for word processing. I have had to write papers for many of my classes, and have used MS Word to do this. Most of the worksheets, tests, syllabi, and other handouts that I have received from teachers have probably been created on MS Word or some other similar word processign program.
An example of a case using MS Word that I found to be interesting in Chapter 9 was the case of Adam and the assignment to create a newspaper from the medieval times. I liked this example because I thought that it was a very creative way to get the class interested in learning about both the subject matter of the medieval times, and also the format of writing a newspaper. The project allowed the class to use their creativity in incorporating their research about medieval times together with their own ideas about what their own lives would have been like had they lived in those times. This forced them to dig into the research and then place themselves "in medieval shoes", and then fashion what they had come up with into the form of a newspaper. I think it sounds like a fun and interesting project that would have piqued the students' curiosity.
A new skill that I have learned so far in this class that might be useful in my future classroom is the use of jing and recording a procedure done on the computer. I think that it could be helpful if I needed to demonstrate a procedure for the class. Instead of going around the room and demonstrating the procedure to each individual student, I could pre-record what I needed to show them and then just play it on the projector. This would be a much more time efficient way of demonstrating something to a class.
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment